Thursday, October 2, 2008

Back from a long hiatus

The long silence is finally over. I have been willing myself to write several times over but somehow the itch has piped down to an urge too gentle to mind. The needle of the compass in my life right now is very much focused on law school and things arent running smoothly for me this time. I guess the reason why I deliberately fail to write is because on some obscure level, I want to deny the stress and frustration that the semester has brought upon me. It seemed like ever since the school year began I had quite a series of unfortunate events. It felt like everything wasnt going my way and no matter how I concentrate on willing the universe to conspire with me, the stars just wont align in my favor. At some point, I was convinced that I was suffering from a mild clinical depression. My jovial and outgoing nature hides all that and i think no one even noticed. I think thats a good thing.

art illustration by Sharon Tancredi

I got so hooked on The O.C.. Addicted even. I haven't followed this series when it was still airing a few years back. My good friend, Albert recommended it to me and soon enough it served as my escape route. The plot and most of the characters brought back familiar feelings during those times when everything was so carefree and nothing really serious occupied my mind. Life is much too easier when you are just in the background, watching. But of course, nothing beats reality. Its a lot more riveting than any TV series. After watching an episode or two, I go back to the real world and face the demands of the path that I chose. There has been too much pressure and every subject this sem poses a possibility of a failure. Despite that, I am still very optimistic about everything. Things will go my way all in good time. With a bit of a sugar rush and a lot of caffeine, Im good to go!

After finding out that I have been living with a lesbian couple a couple of months ago, I suddenly found myself living alone in my apartment. My housemates moved out yesterday after surprising me about it. Now I have to find someone else to share half of the rent pronto! I cant believe their audacity to just surprise me like that. They shouldve given me prior notice. Now I have to think about a remedy for this too. As if my academic burden isnt enough to fill my mind.

3 comments:

Sting Lacson said...

Welcome back. Hahaha :)

Anonymous said...

yehey...i finally discovered your blog pero...parang hiatus pt. 2 yata...

Jo the Great said...

hey reg! yah, im so tamad to write. haha