Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Im Back!

To give you an idea of how long I have last updated this almost forsaken blog, here’s what has passed since: a new influenza virus strain (talk about paranoia overkill) and some sex scandal videos has spread all over the world (if its available on the internet, then yeah, its all over the world), the move to change the nation’s charter has resurfaced (a futile attempt at that), a lot of political ads that make you cringe every single time are all over the tube, and GMA’s boobs have become the media’s latest circus (whatever happened to physician-client privilege? ) to name a few. Also, I bought myself a new digital camera since the old one broke down, I got another RA boss (hurray to more cash flow!), found new housemates (I now have someone to share the rent with), took on an additional business partner (cheers to a looming 2nd branch expansion), talked to my friend Bingo again (long story), and found myself a new crush :D

I got so caught up with my usual law school diversion interests that somehow my blog became too much of a toil to bring up to date. Since I haven’t been able to post something for quite a while (and a handful have been nudging me about it), Ill try to get you up to speed with what I’ve been up to for the past few months. Mmmkay, lets see…

First off, I am now a law school senior! Woohoo! And of course, Im done moping and complaining about the pressure that is, the study of law. Depression is like, so third year law!:P The universe has been treating me really well despite my lack of effort. So far, I am still in compliance with my “no failed or dropped subject” rule (and my “no buying of law books” rule).

Speaking of books, I read a dozen last summer (that’s 12 books in 2 months! including a 1000 plus page “Brothers Karamazov!) And added several more to my collection with the books I got from the Book bigayan event I attended. I would write about the books I’ve read here but it would make this post much too lengthy. Maybe I’ll do a book review of each one when I get to have the time and patience (ha! Good luck with that). I also went to a few art exhibits, watched a few indie films with Fullybooked’s film series at Fort Bonifacio High Street and a French film (that really stretched my patience) from this year’s French Film festival.

My summer this year turned out to be fun enough considering that I was not able to go home to Cebu because of an infuriating complication with my summer OLA (Office of Legal Aid) internship application. The OLA is a 4-unit course that is required to be taken for 2 semesters by all graduating seniors of UP law. To put it bluntly,I did not get the slot so I squandered my summer away doing all the things I would do if I am not burdened with law stuff! These include food tripping with some college orgmates in Binondo, roaming around manila—Intramuros area, climbed another mountain peak (Pico de Loro in the Cavite-Batangas border), gave my good friend Raemar from Cebu, who spent his holy week here in Manila, a mall tour (thats all I can afford for now,wehehehe), attended a trainors’ training with LENTE (Legal Network for Truthful Elections, a new election watchdog), went beach bumming in Camarines Norte, and of course caught up with my fiction novels, plus movies and series that I missed. I originally planned to spend the summer break preparing for the bar exams. But really now, who am I kidding?

So there. Now were up to current.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Depression is like, so third year law!:P

omg jo b, i so get this! meron din kaming version na

*insert guy's name here* is so 2nd yr!

i'm talking about Pucca, haha. si hilarious. see you! let's watch Last Supper! i'm so happy that we're happy! :) so much has changed. [rai]

Jo the Great said...

haha rai! Pucca yeah! thanks to that person, we were provided with a chat agenda! hahaha
Last supper-sure! i actually plan to watch at least 3 films from cinemalaya this year:)
hurray to happiness!

Sting Lacson said...

Boo for having a long hiatus! Hahaha.

Jo the Great said...

haha! i know gp! im so tamad eh!

Anonymous said...

ah gets ko na yung si hilarious. so hilarious yan dapat, haha. mwah -R