Thursday, January 31, 2008

Tomorrow will be a better day

To redeem myself from today's lousy existence, I stayed in the library till closing time and finished my readings for tomorrow.
Since I wasn't able to read all the cases in Credit, I decided to cut class and save myself from a bad recit and/or a grade of five. This particular prof don't give fives if you got called for recitation and happen to be absent, which makes it very convenient for students (like me) to absent themselves from class whenever they are not prepared. And yes, I was called. sheesh. But then again, I figure getting no grade is better than getting a five.
But that's not what made today a bad day. We had a surprise quiz in Labor and I literally don't know anything about our current subject matter. I have read only digests of the cases and haven't even studied the essential provisions from the Labor Code. Since the professor don't give a midterm exam and its quite easy to work your way through her recitations, I figure I can survive cramming it all up in the finals. Then came this. God, Ive never felt so inadequate answering all those essay questions. This is my wake up call. Maybe I should remember that I have other subjects besides CivPro. How I wish my professor would get tons of sudden workload that she'll consign the checking of those papers to the trash bin.

No comments: