Monday, June 9, 2008

"The summer of 2008"

(sounds like a cheesy romantic memory. hehehe)

Here's a few of the characters I played this summer:

"Quasi-lawyer"
For six weeks, I slaved my summer away at the Office of the Solicitor General preparing several pleadings and other legal work.


"Amazon fighter"
After a few mild injuries and a lot of wasted time, I have now mastered the skill of fighting the fierce amazon women during rush hour at the MRT.


"Frustrated event/outing organizer"
My desperate attempt to revive and restore the enthusiasm of the block for a summer outing was put to naught as their efforts of making it happen were already thrown out the window ever since our block got dissolved. sigh.


"Singer/performer"
It's the first time in eons since I got to play the guitar again and sing in front of a big audience. I performed "Runaway" by the Corrs with a violin accompaniment by Ax Daliva during our Division's presentation at the OSG. Before this, I was also forced to sing ("Especially For You", MYMP version) in front of the medium detention inmates of the Bilibid Prison when we went there as a part of our OSG activities. Needless to say, my performance earned me several flowers from the inmates. Now, my co-interns call me "kilabot ng Bilibid"! TOINK! nyahaha!


"Parkour traceuse"
It happened one thunderstorm-y summer night. I was cooking dinner when I realized I need to call someone who should be calling me by then but since he isn't, I got all riled up especially when I found out that I no longer have any prepaid credits to make a call. So, in my irrational state of madness, I grabbed my purse and stormed out of the apartment to load up my phone at the nearby store. Just when the door shuts, I realize I did not bring the key with me. So there I was locked out of my apartment in the heavy downpour with nothing on but a flimsy tank top and a tiny pair of shorts. Because the stove is on and I'm freezing, I desperately thought of a way to get back in fast. My sister wont arrive till about 4 hours and the housemates arrive much later than that. I thought of an excellent plan, Ill go to the next apartment unit and asked if I could pass through it and climb the wall connecting our laundry areas that will bring me back inside my unit. The clueless guy in the next apartment simply had no choice of course, unless he wants the whole complex to catch on fire. So I traversed the 6 feet wall, soaking wet, wearing my almost see through tank top and teeny weenie shorts! So embarrassing but I have no choice either! When I got to the top of the wall, I crouched there for a few seconds trying to position myself for the most pain-free fall. Fortunately I landed without any injuries! I must have a feline quality in me. Or maybe, I'm spider woman!

"Impromptu BarOps volunteer"
Thanks to Mr Ho's coaxing, I am now part of the Linkages team of the BarOps committee. I had such a great time at our team building outing at this Dinosaur Garden Resort in Bulacan. At first I was hesitant to go because I'm not sure if I know anyone there apart from Aaron but as it turned out, I made friends with a lot of people and got closer to several acquaintances.

"Crazy embassy party girl"
I am not a bar person at all but after our night out at the Fort, I think I'm gonna be! Kidding!!!!!
Sorry but I wont be spilling the beans here. hahahaha. Lets just say I was wildly inebriated and did a few foolish things. ;) It was super fun!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nalingaw ko ani da. Keep them coming Nengi (I should tell that to myself as well).