Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Nerdy tripping

This OSG internship is really perking up my summer days! So far, Ive prepared a full appellee's brief for the People (People of the Philippines v. Roxas) in a murder case, a complaint for reversion draft, a reply to an annulment case query, a research for a cancellation of land decree case, and a reply to a demand letter in a Land Title case. Wooohooo! Right now, Im busy preparing one appellant's brief for the DOTC (which has almost a foot long pile of case records) and 3 other appellee's brief: two drug related cases (RA 9165) and one rape case (specifically RA 7610, child abuse). This spontaneous decision to go for OSG internship is definitely turning out to be a fun and excellent learning experience!

Here's my office desk and my clutter of case files. hehe


Another thing I love about this internship is the people I work with. I'm assigned in the Gregorio Araneta Division at the seventh floor. There are seven lawyers in our division and each of them has their own secretaries. The lawyers report to the Assistant Solicitor General (ASG) who is the head of the division. My ASG is a very approachable person and she is definitely very intelligent and hardworking. She religiously checks all the pleadings submitted by the lawyers under her and even goes through the records of the cases. The lawyers in my division are the best! They are very friendly and high-spirited. The senior state solicitor is a serious guy who lools like ariel rivera. He gave a merienda treat at the office as a welcome for me. "Miss elle woods" is another lawyer I love there. She's pretty, sexy, and brings her cute shitzu to work.

This is bibi, the cute doggie of my
very own elle woods atty.

The lone UP grad lawyer there is also one of my favorites. She loves to chat during breaks and jokes around a lot. She said she was inspired to go hip hop abs workout when she saw my Pagudpud picture in a two piece bikini. Naks! Im "flattened" naman. There's also atty mommy and atty bisaya like me!:) They're both moms and are outrageously fun to talk to. I haven't really mingled with the other two lawyers that much because one is always out of town for hearings and the other is always busy inside her cubicle.
Then there's the secretaries. They're great! They are very accomodating and always ready to lend me a hand. They are also fun to talk to and laugh with. And of course, my fellow interns made the experience even more fun.

*************

On to other news..
Brooke White is out! (sorry Ben!) She messed up in her last performance.
Okay, I know everyone loves David Cook but he ruined one of my favorite Andrew Lloyd Webber song! Yeah yeah, he's a rock-ish singer whose raspy voice doesn't really fit in a broadway musical. But hey, Jason Castro made his rendition of "Memories" sound different from the usual and didnt ruin it. He has a style that shows his individuality and thats what I like about him.


*************

El's friends, She and Jwyn went to Ilocos and also had a Vigan tour. Guess what, they hired the same cuchero and horse we got when we went there two weeks ago! wala lang. kakatuwa lang :)

*************

I haven't watched Ironman (yet?) but dont judge me. Hahaha. What's with the fuss about this movie anyway? Interesting though that Robert Downey Jr. is sober and doing projects like this. Fans should hope that he will be able to make the sequel and not somewhere getting stoned or facing prison charges. El and I were planning to watch it last weekend but due to the long line of people at the ticket booth at Trinoma, we decided to spend our movie money to go food tripping. hahaha! Ill just settle on the pirated version, wont complain to that!

"Ploning" looks interesting. Maybe Ill watch it.



No comments: