Sunday, May 18, 2008

Superb fun with your console?

After that Sony PlayStation 2 ad (with that guy and his seemingly emerging cock which turned out to be just his thumb) was banned from French television back in 2002, here comes another ad for PS3 with the same "concept". Can anyone enlighten me? I dont get it. Why would his pennis become his thumb? Does this say if you play too much playstation junk your wang evolves into a thumb? I don't play any PS games so I don't get the message of this ad, assuming it has any in particular. The ad agency that's responsible for this is TBWA of Vienna, Austria. I guess Austria banned this one too. I'm just not sure how this could appeal to its market, which are mostly kids and young male adults. Wouldn't it be tasteless?

Do gamers really get this ad? Inside joke or something? Please explain.

How 'bout you, would you give this ad a thumbs up? pun intended.

No comments: