Saturday, March 29, 2008

Can't hold it in no longer!

Summer fever is totally making a head start on me! In the middle of final exams and legal paper deadlines, I forced to lodge in some amusement activities to perk up my relatively free weekdays (which I should spend on studying! hahaha). It's really getting hot and humid, summer is already here and I can't believe I still have acad stuff to think about. I have trouble concentrating these exam days because my braincells are already on vacation mode. As much as I want to stick to my carefully planned out study schedule, the drive to do it is just nowhere to be found. As usual, I would end up cramming everything the day before the exam itself. grrrrr.
The big and I went swimming a few days ago! The heat was really getting on me and I asked El to take me swimming somewhere in the city.

Last friday, I also attended a coffee seminar in Starbucks Imperial with the boyfriend. We just chanced upon the announcement when we had coffee there after we went swimming. Of course, I hurriedly signed up for it.
The seminar was basically about their company and their coffee products. Kind of boring actually and its quite a pain to listen to a quivering barista. I tell you, just google or look for Starbucks in Wikipedia and you'll find every bit of info there. I really thought I was gonna learn something substantially new. But thats just me though, I'm a coffee lover so I know a lot about coffee. Maybe its different for all the others who were there. The coffee tasting was the best part for obvious reasons. And they served pastries too that would best compliment each coffee flavor. The first coffee they gave us for tasting was from Columbia. It was a medium-bodied coffee with a smooth texture and nutty aroma. The next one is from Kenya which is classified as bold and has a rather citrus taste. I like it the most. The last is the extra bold coffee from Sumatra which has an earthy aroma and a full-bodied texture.















After the seminar, they gave us free coffee bean samples of their house blend. I was able to bring home four packs since El gave me his share (doesn't drink coffee). By the way, all the rest only got one pack. Thanks to the bigbig's charms, we got one more for each of us! That makes four for me! happiness!!!!

Another cheap thrill I had: biking inside QC circle. My Labor groupmates and I went to QC Circle to meet with the Union Lawyer that we interviewed for our Labor paper. After the interview, Ben and I decided to go biking and what a blast we had! Its been such a long time since I rode a bike and I almost forgot how it was like. It was exhilarating! What I find annoying though are the narrow bike lanes full of unmindful people walking right in the middle. It's a bike lane for heavensake! Go walk some place else! I was always yelling "hey!" or "excuse meeeeee!!!!!" I swear if I did hit or ran over them, I'd deny liability. I would admit that I was a speeding menace though. hehehe
Im loving it!

No comments: